Last topic - Lessons learnt - future practice

Time flies. I was just starting my adventure with ONL, and now I have to say goodbye. 

What have I learned from ONL?

I learned to take up challenges boldly. Meetings in the PBL group always left me with something to think about, to reflect on deeper. Interaction with such fantastic people with different experiences has taught me to look at the problem from many perspectives. I got to know new ideas for activating students which I will definitely use in my professional work. I am also happy that I was able to share my insights and ideas. It is reassuring that you are always listened to in a group, there are no stupid questions, that you have support from other companions, even if you don't quite understand what's going on.

The presented digital tools in education (whether in groups or at webinars) are a fantastic mine of knowledge. I'm definitely going to explore Miroboard closer. I also liked the idea of ​​one of the PBL Group in which they used the example of a cookbook to present their reflections.

What are my plans for the future? I want to continue developing my online teaching skills. I want to take small steps to change the face of remote education at my University. I want to involve students in promoting their own education. I will still take part in training, webinars and workshops in the area of ​​online learning. I will try to keep up to date with the ONL community and spread to my colleagues that it is worth taking part in the ONL course.

Everything ends sometime. I will miss these meetings, laughter and discussions. It was a good experience and I don't regret a single minute of this course.

PS: Running a blog is not my type, but I do not exclude this form of sharing my reflections. I don't write that I will never blog again. Perhaps I will take part in the next edition of ONL course ....




Comments

  1. Thanks for successfully completing also your blogging journey as part of the self reflection task. The main thing to appreciate is you open and honest sharing of your own experience and challenges! Whether, you personally will use the blog format for that in the future or not is irrelevant but for now it captures very well a very successful journey with increasingly in-depth insights about online learning and concrete ideas that shows how your awareness, motivation and knowledge have evolved during the ONL journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Helenka,

    I thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog. I can totally relate to the many experiences that you have listed in your blog. Especially that of being so nurtured in your PBL group where there are no stupid questions. When we first started in my own PBL, I was quite apprehensive of verbalizing my thoughts and if anyone will be offended. By the end of my PBL discussions, I was very happy that everyone was sincerely feeling nostalgic and missing the close camaraderie that we had fostered over the weeks.

    I will also like to thank the very generous souls behind ONL for dedicating their valuable free time to bring together this wonderful course to so many people around the world (mostly from Scandinavia, but that is not important ;)). Of the many things that ONL212 was able to do, the most profound for me was that it made me think. Thinking is absolutely necessary to learning. I am more excited about my own learning than I have been in a long long time. As Michelangelo had so eloquently stated so many centuries ago, "I am still Learning!" - perhaps that will be my sweet mantra till my last breath.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every good thing comes to an end, and i am reluctant to say goodby. I really liked and enjoyed this course. I have recommended this course to my close friends, and i hope that they will take away as many valuable lessons as i did. I'm sure they'll look forward to joining this ONL course!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ONL - designing the online and blended learning

Digital literacy - where will it lead us?