ONL - Learning in community

It was a very interesting topic. I realized that I must have never experienced community learning the way it was presented in the webinar and by my PBL colleagues.

Learning in a group has always been about assigning tasks for each participant, but these tasks were independent of each other. So each group member did an assignment individually, and then usually handed over the assignment to the teacher. No group discussion, no group findings. Sometimes it happened that one or two people did all the tasks for the group because the others did not want to.

But I am inquisitive by nature. If I am interested in something, I intensively search for answers, ask people, check many sources. I guess that's how I set up quite a large personal educational network for myself. By participating in many projects, I can find relevant information, and if not, I know who to ask, what to watch, what to read. 

New technologies have greatly facilitated access to information. Nowadays, knowledge is not only locked in the minds of professors - now students have access to the same knowledge. And in many cases they are able to find it faster. I also use the internet, social media, informal and formal groups. For now, to search for the information I need at the moment. However, I understand that I can also be a part of someone's educational network and therefore I should also share what I know.

Comments

  1. Thanks for proving by your own experience the thesis about that all learning is relational and that the future requires collective intelligence as no human alone can make sense of all the complexity in the world. It is wonderful to get these kind of affirmations from an ONL participants to have a firsthand experience of what team work really means and how beneficial it is in creating synergies!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ONL - designing the online and blended learning

Digital literacy - where will it lead us?