ONL - designing the online and blended learning

After these two weeks, I know one thing for sure - I'm not a good moderator of online meetings 😅 It was a stressful experience, I felt that I was asking the wrong questions to develop the discussion. however, I liked the check-in and check-out procedure. There was a lot of laughter 😀

Coming back to the design of online and blended learning - even though I am a beginner in this topic, I have the impression that, compared to my colleagues at the University, I am trying to develop in this direction. I participate in webinars, learn about new digital tools in education, and come up with new activities involving my students.

At the time of the first lockdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic, I did not know how to go about teaching online. At first, the quality of teaching was not the best. Over time, I started to learn about different methods and techniques of online education and it was getting better and better. But just because I knew them, that didn't mean my students were also fluent in digital learning tools. I started testing some activities with my students, explaining how something works and encouraging them to use it. At that time, it was very important to support students, maintain constant contact with them and create the possibility of asking questions not only during classes. My students could write e-mails to me, contact me via chat on MS Teams, Messanger on FB.

During the ONL course, I got to know some new methods and tools that I could use in online education. We also talked a lot, discussed in smaller groups in breakout rooms. It was interesting to see a given problem from different perspectives. I will definitely use this method in my professional work.

I've also learned that designing learning is a process, you can't do it overnight. A good project takes time, proper thinking and preparation. This means that I will have a lot of sleepless nights in developing and improving my classes :)

Comments

  1. interesting blog post and i can relate to this!! i think learning is never ending process, that cant do overnight and that's why teachers' job never become boring, as we are all learners! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were a splendid and inspiring moderator! I will use you as a role model for fun check in and check out! To use “international day of….”(teddy bears) was smart, I am going to borrow that idea from you. But I agree with you, to moderate was stressful. I felt uncomfortable with leading a session about something I knew little about together with a person I did not know. Luckily, that is not a situation I have to deal with in my teaching, I prefer a little bit of control (and I have to admit, a little bit less of open end ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great insights about the challenges of designing online and blended learning! From personal experience I think that you are a lot better moderator than you think, it's not about using the most advanced tools and mastering technology to perfection but it*s more about common sense, bringing in your humanity as well as accepting that being human is also about making mistakes but if we don*t take them personal but rather are able to see its with humour and compassion we encourage each other on the way!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Last topic - Lessons learnt - future practice

Digital literacy - where will it lead us?